Sunday, July 8, 2007

One (remix)


First of all, since I don't own the album, I don't know if there exists a "One (not remix)." I assume so. But I've never heard it.

I just find myself listening to this song again and again. Perhaps it's that he calls Paul Wolfowitz a motherfucker in a really satisfying manner. I never get tired of that.

He is Immortal Technique, the album (which as I mentioned, I haven't heard in full) is Revolution, vol 2. Does there exist a Revolution, vol 1? I could look up both these questions on the internet, but I prefer the mystery.

I've found myself in the mood for radical hip-hop recently. Specifically, I've been really enjoying Dead Prez who are delightful mix of revolutionary and adorable. It makes me feel mostly fantastic and energized, but a little bit like Jon Stewart's pedantic character. You know the guy with the whiny voice who puts up one finger to make his quibble. Well, that's how radical hip hop makes me feel. I love Black Star
"Still mo' blacks is dyin, kids ain't livin they tryin
"How to Make a Slave" by Willie Lynch is still applyin"
but um... excuse me... did you know Willie Lynch is an internet hoax?
I love Dead Prez... but the fbi aren't really listening to you through your radio... I love immortal technique, but Bush didn't actually orchestrate 9/11.

You know the feeling? There's some great links in the above paragraph. I'm not sure how I feel about the youtube. On the one hand, it's so easy. And it's a great method of exploration. Like I just listened to a bunch of black ice on def jam from that above link. On the other hand, you end up with bizarre videos like the vegan dancing to Dead Prez. Or awful videos like the text of the lyrics on One. And then I want to comment on the videos. So I guess I feel it adds something, and detracts something, from the purity of my blog. Ha ha, I'm worried about the purity of my blog.

I got distracted. For going out to Mumia, One is the Song of the Week.

No comments: