Friday, June 1, 2007

You Can't Go Home Again


I'm minding my own business in 2002, when someone walks in with dj shadow's 2nd album (2nd and a half, if you count unkle) "The Private Press," says "you have to hear this song" and plays You Can't Go Home Again, a phat retake on El Condor Pasa.
Believe it or not, that was the less cheesy of the videos I found for El Condor Pasa. I recommend just not looking. It makes it look like a song about condors or something. Also, apparently every Peruvian on youtube considers it their patriotic mission post that this song is not, infact, Bolivian. Er, go Peru! (warning: Llamas) Anyways, it's one of those songs which is beautiful if you can forget how cheesy it is. Don't think about pan pipes.

Which brings us to your favorite dj savior. This is just one of those instantly likable bouncy tunes with a great choice of sample and it all comes together real nice. For that, it's my tune of the weekend.

Also, I had a mind blowing musical experience a month ago listening to the dj shadow essential mix. Seriously, I told like everyone about it. You can get the torrent. It's two hours long. And like the file says, it is amazing. A musical journey, if you will. And he scratches John Peel, which is cute.

No comments: